Website Suncoast Blood Centers
Live here. Give Here. Save Here.
Full Time – 2nd Shift 3:00pm-11:30pm
Saving Lives – A career with a purpose
SunCoast Blood Centers is currently looking for an Exceptional and Professional Medical Technologist – II that would like to have a job with a purpose. Our product is needed everywhere, and we are looking for exceptional professionals that want more from their career.
Suncoast Blood Centers is the only local blood center that has been in the community for over 75 years. Providing blood services to many local hospitals and cancer centers in SWFL.
- Generous PTO Plan
- Medical, dental, & vision
- Company Paid Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
- 401(k) with 100% Company Match
- Health and Wellness Reimbursements
- Education and Professional Development Reimbursements
Job Duties include:
• Performs pre-transfusion and diagnostic testing utilizing both manual and automated methodologies.
• Prepares, examines, issues and returns blood products .
• Ships and receives blood products to and from consignment hospitals and outside
• Manages product inventory. Assures proper storage and organization .
• Communicates with and provides assistance to hospital support, nursing and medical staff regarding status of products and service orders.
• Guides and mentors MT-I, MLTs and blood bank specialists. Assists with the training of new employees.
• Maintains and organizes supply inventory. Ensures appropriate inventory levels .
Reports inventory levels to director.
• Receives supplies and reagents from vendors. Reconciles shipment with packing slip and documents as appropriate.
• Performs QC and maintenance, validation and calibration of laboratory equipment. Reports malfunction or deviation to director.
• Maintains a clean, safe, and organized work environment.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent as required for state licensure
Licensure: Florida Clinical Laboratory Technologist in all required areas based on job duties; prefer licensure in all six areas 2 years clinical laboratory; plus
Experience: 3 years blood banking
SunCoast Blood Centers is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.