Website Suncoast Blood Centers
Live Here. Give Here. Save Here.
Saving Lives – A career with a purpose
SunCoast Blood Centers is currently looking for an Exceptional and Professional Chief Operating Officer that would like to have a job with a purpose. Our product is needed everywhere, and we are looking for exceptional professionals that want more from their career.
Suncoast Blood Centers is the only local blood center that has been in the community for over 75 years. Providing blood services to many local hospitals and cancer centers in SWFL.
- Generous PTO Plan
- Medical, dental, & vision
- Company Paid Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
- 401(k) with 100% Company Match
- Health and Wellness Reimbursements
- Education and Professional Development Reimbursements
As a member of the senior leadership team, the Chief Operating Officer plans, organizes, directs and evaluates all activities associated with the operations of the blood center including recruitment and retention of donors and sponsor groups, the collection of blood from donors and further manufacturing and distribution of donations in the laboratory. In addition, this executive is accountable for the functions and staff relating to operations planning, contact center, supply chain, and continuous process improvement.
At SunCoast Blood Center, we lead our teams while keeping our mission, vision, and values at the forefront of all we do. As a leader, you will inspire, train, coach, and collaborate within your department and the within the broader organization, with a focus on strategic goal achievement.
Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience. Seven to ten years in a management position with progressively responsible leadership experience. Experience in blood center practices, equipment and regulations is highly desirable. Must possess excellent verbal, quantitative, and interpersonal skills; superior organizational skills; refined managerial, public speaking and presentation skills. This executive may occasionally be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 35 pounds.
Essential Job Functions:
- To grow and develop staff.
- Participates in the Senior Executive Team and the development of the strategic plan for the organization.
- Responsible for oversight of all recruitment activities including Concierge, Donor Centers, and Mobiles. Responsible for the development and coordination of all donor recruitment and retention activities.
- Responsible for providing oversight of the operations occurring across Suncoast Blood Centers
- Oversee Facilities and Fleet operations and logistics.
- Responsible for establishing and monitoring goals, effectiveness, and efficiency; fiscal management; prioritizing workload; assigning responsibilities; staff supervision and training; development and evaluation.
- Evaluates effectiveness of donor recruitment activities and adjusts as necessary to achieve established goals.
- Responsible for providing oversight of the Collections department. Oversight consists of monitoring, correcting, improving, updating all technical, regulatory, administrative, and personnel activities. Provides direction to the Donor Services team.
- Responsible for providing leadership to the collection & operation planning activities which includes the continuous process improvement of the collections, recruitment and marketing activities of the blood center.
- Responsible for providing oversight and leadership to the Laboratory Services departments. Oversight consists of process improvement, monitoring, correcting, improving, updating all technical, regulatory, administrative, and personnel activities. Provides direction to the Laboratory Management team.
- Responsible for providing oversight and leadership to the Research Department. Oversight consists of process improvement, monitoring, correcting, improving, updating all technical, regulatory, administrative, and personnel activities. Provides direction to the Research Management team.
- Overseeing budgeting for all departments under COO purview including controlling/keeping finances as related to department budgets.
- Complies with all policies and procedures as outlined in the CFR and AABB Standards.
- Maintains relationships with other blood center professionals through participation in professional and community organizations (AABB, ABC, ACTS, BCA, ADRP)
- May have potential for exposure to infectious diseases from contact with human blood and blood components while at blood drives.
- Responsible for maintaining all section SOPs necessary to meet requirements of the FDA, AABB, and other regulatory agencies affecting the blood center operations.
- Complies with all policies and procedures as outlined in the SunCoast Handbook, SOPs or directives. Maintain current level of job-related skills by attending in-services and training sessions and reading publications.
SunCoast Blood Centers is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.