SunCoast Blood Bank (SCBB) is committed to cultivating the “next generation” of blood donors, and high school student supporters through its Generation Give Scholarship Program.
Student Eligibility Requirements:
A student must demonstrate support of the school blood drive program by doing one or more of the following:
- Donate blood a minimum of three units of blood their senior year.
(Note-donation of a double unit of blood counts as 2 donations and the student must wait 126 days between double unit donations)
- Volunteer for SCBB a minimum of 30 hours their senior year.
- Student volunteers must contact Joan Leonard, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com or 941.954.1600 ext 150.
- Applicants must graduate during the current scholarship cycle.
The average award is $500 and possibly higher or lower, depending on the application of the student.
Note: Scholarships are not guaranteed for each school or student if applicants do not meet the scholarship standards.
Students must submit a completed application, which will be reviewed by a committee comprised of blood bank employees, board of directors and community leaders.
Awards are based on:
- Number of lifetime units and/or volunteer hours to SCBB.
- Quality and content of essay answers on application.
Application and Deadline
- Completed application form. Click here to download the 2016-2017 scholarship application.
- Transcript (copies will be accepted)
- One teacher/administrator recommendation form
- Volunteer Confirmation Form (for non-blood donors or blood donors who also volunteer)
Applications can be submitted online, mailed or delivered to SunCoast Blood Bank, Attn: Scholarship Program, 1760 Mound Street, Sarasota, FL 34236. Deadline to apply for a scholarship is Friday, April 14, 2017. Note: Scholarships will be paid directly to the college, university or technical school the student will attend.
Incomplete applications, or applications postmarked, emailed, faxed, or hand-delivered after the submission deadline, will not be considered.