It's a fact that there are two reasons why people volunteer their time:
- To do something worthwhile in the community.
- To be a part of a group or agency where their time and talents are valued.
At the Blood Bank you can be an essential part of our mission, saving lives!
We just can't operate without your assistance. Much of our daily work to help our hospitals involve day-to-day administrative tasks, and not just collecting blood.
Our volunteer program offers a fun, challenging and exciting way to become part of a community effort. We are seeking enthusiastic volunteers of all ages and talents to lend some time. We're small and personal and your efforts really count!
By becoming a volunteer, you can provide direct services and play a critical role in supporting our operations. Here are just some ways you can get involved:
- Clerical assistance
- Community Relations—promoting blood drives & representing the blood bank at events
- Courier positions
- Presenting the national education program My Blood, Your Blood ® to 5th grade students
- Volunteer opportunities for high school students fulfilling Bright Future program hours and applying for SCBB scholarship
- Fold T-shirts
- Prepare Marketing Materials
- Data Entry
You choose the amount of time you volunteer. We'll honor your decision on the amount of time you want to commit.
Our environment is pleasant and the staff is friendly. Ask us how you can get involved!
Joan Leonard - Volunteer Coordinator
941-954-1600, ext 150