SunCoast Blood Bank is seeking an experienced blood bank phlebotomist ready to step-up to a supervisory role.
Hours or Shift:
Full-Time. Varied schedule and reporting location based on fixed site collection operations.
High School or equivalent experience
None; prefer medically related licensure or certification
2 years blood bank phlebotomy plus
1 year supervisory experience
- Supervises and assists with training of fixed site collection and support staff.
- Assists with activities related to marketing and public relations, including but not limited to communication with telerecruitment and the communications department regarding special promotions and distribution of promotional items.
- Greets and registers donors and patients.
- Performs all front desk duties. Coordinates with physician office staff for collection of products from autologous, directed and therapeutic donors and patients.
- Determines donor suitability.
- Performs phlebotomy for the collection of whole blood units or testing samples. Operates automated equipment to collect red cells and plasma products.
- Provides post-donation care and instructions, including treatment of adverse reactions.
- Assures proper storage of blood during collection operations and prepares for transport.
- Performs donor record review and data entry.
- Performs QC and maintenance, calibration and validation on section equipment. Reports malfunction or deviation to manager.
- Monitors and maintains inventory of supplies. Reports inventory levels to manager.
- Meets established collection goals.
- Assists with fixed site facility maintenance. Maintains a clean, safe and organized work environment.
Please apply at