Phlebotomist - Hospital Services
Obtains patient samples by performing venipuncture and fingersticks from patients in a local hospital.
Hours or Shift:
Part-Time. 6:00 am to approximately 9:00 am; Schedule varies over a 7-day work week, approximately 15 hours a week
High school or equivalent; phlebotomy certification preferred
2 years phlebotomy experience.
- Follows SOP to properly and consistently identify patient.
- Obtains appropriate blood specimens from patients as indicated by physician order.
- Assures that venipunctures are performed with minimum trauma to patient.
- Follows SOP for proper specimen labeling requirements.
- Follows appropriate post venipuncture procedures to stop bleeding.
- Assures that specimens are collected within established time standards.
- Reports missed or unsatisfactory collections as required.
- Performs specimen receiving, processing and preparation for transport.
- Monitors and maintains inventory of supplies. Reports inventory levels to supervisor.
- Assists with the training of new employees.
- Assists other phlebotomists with difficult or specialized collections.
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized work environment.
Please apply at: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/index.php?/job/apply&clientkey=499F8FB2132431F0DF8E2684FF0D251A&job=17084&jpt=