Licensed Medical Technologist II
Performs pretransfusion and diagnostic testing, processes donor blood and prepares blood products for transfusion.
Hours or Shift:
Full-Time. 2nd Shift
Education required for FL Laboratory Technologist
Florida Laboratory Technologist
2 years clinical laboratory, plus 2 years blood banking
- Performs pretransfusion and diagnostic testing. Prepares, examines, issues and returns blood products.
- Performs testing on the Echo.
- Performs quality control testing on blood products.
- Ships and receives blood products to and from consignment hospitals and outside sources.
- Manages product inventory. Assures proper storage.
- Communicates with and provides assistance to hospital nursing and medical staff regarding status of products and service orders.
- Directs MT-I's and laboratory assistants. Assists with the training of new employees.
- Maintains and organizes supply inventory. Ensures appropriate inventory levels. Reports inventory levels to manager or director.
- Performs QC and maintenance, validation and calibration of laboratory equipment. Reports malfunction or deviation to director.
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized work environment.
Please apply at