Blood Bank Phlebotomy Supervisor
Supervises the day-to-day activities of the donor collection team at our fixed sites.
Hours or Shift:
Full-Time; Variable schedule based on donor services operational hours
High school or equivalent experience
Prefer medically related licensure or certification
2 years blood bank donor collections experience required
- Supervises and assists with training of collection and support staff.
- Assists with activities related to marketing and public relations, including but not limited to communication with telerecruitment and the communications department regarding special promotions and distribution of promotional items.
- Greets and registers donors and patients.
- Determines donor suitability.
- Performs phlebotomy for the collection of whole blood units or testing samples. Operates automated equipment to collect red cells and plasma products.
- Provides post-donation care and instructions, including treatment of adverse reactions.
- Assures proper storage of blood during collection operations and prepares for transport.
- Performs donor record review and data entry.
- Performs QC and maintenance, calibration and validation on section equipment. Reports malfunction or deviation to manager.
- Monitors and maintains inventory of supplies. Reports inventory levels to manager.
- Meets established collection goals.
- Assists with facility maintenance. Maintains a clean, safe and organized work environment.
Please apply at: